Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed In


It's official. The 6th largest amount of snow Indy has ever seen. 12 1/2 inches since noon yesterday. We had to shovel a path in the yard so Trixie could go out, and once she was out there she blended right in with her surroundings. All you could see were two little brown eyes starring back at you. It's very apparent that my downstairs hardwoods are going to benefit from a good mopping when this all said and done. 
I guess it's serendipitous that just a few weeks ago I learned to knit. This is my first official finished project (a few scarfs were abandoned along the way) I used thick and thin yarn and size 13 needles. I always thought I couldn't learn because I'm a lefty and anyone who tried had trouble teaching me. Turns out after taking a class they just taught me to do it the same as everyone else in my class and I picked it right up. There is hope for anyone! 
I'm off to make lunch for my frozen husband who just finished shoveling the drive. Homemade chicken soup for him! 
Is it spring yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment