Saturday, May 30, 2009

real life home pt. 1










As much as I love to indulge in starring at beautifully laid out magazines with breathtaking interiors, sometime I long for something a little more real. So here goes... my home. Imperfect sure,  but my most personal and cherished space. These photos come complete with power cords, junk mail, dog gates, dog toys, and flash glares. I didn't attempt to hide any of that. I often wonder how people like me take what they love from the blogs and magazines they read and apply them to real life. Like I said I make no claim to live in perfection, in fact with a limitless budget this space would more than likely look a little different. SO here's my fun challenge. Who wants share their space? I'd love to hear from you. Remember no cheating, no cleaning no sprucing just honest lived in spaces. 

p.s. I'll invite you upstairs next Friday. 

7 comments:

  1. Its yours, Its is fabulous, there is no place like home!! I have been a designer/party planner for 20 years I ALWAYS make sure it looks like it was created over time,eclectic and NOT straight out of a magazine!! And that is just what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how nice!! I like!!! very neat.. with so much of character.. And a personal touch to every nook & corner!!

    No.. none of us live in perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your teal side table. I love that kind of faded teal look and it looks so crisp and elegant underneath your staircase! Your home looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've visited your blog - and it's gorgeous! Lots of pictures I could really fall for. You home is lovely. I like the rainboots in the hallway - reminds me of grand English country houses! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sarah! I love it when bloggers show their homes. Like you, I think it's great to look at pretty pictures but what I really love is looking at real homes. Thanks so much for sharing. PS - I have those Hunter wellies, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, you have cords in your house? That's weird. Love your home, especially digging that little table with the wellies! Maybe that's because I've been coveting pumpkin colored wellies lately!

    ReplyDelete