Wednesday, January 13, 2010

patio envy


At the end of last summer I realized how underused our back screened-in patio truly was. Yes, there is a wicker love seat and coffee table positioned on the appropriate outdoor rug- and a few plants but that's really just the basics. It wasn't a space that I was excited to be in. One day, I came across this image from one of Bunny Williams' patios. It's featured in her book "An Affair with a House." The blue ceiling is what initially caught my eye. I was smitten and very inspired to do more with my seasonal space. I got as far as painting the ceiling blue, which my mother informed was very common in the Victorian era because they thought it would keep them cooler on warm days. Now with spring right around the corner, I can't wait to pick up where I left off. I'm brewing with ideas so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this is lovely.

    And I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that inspiration pic. I have that book. Maybe I need to revisit it? It's been awhile. I'd love to have a space like that. You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete