Monday, July 5, 2010
















Now that I'm chalk full of hotdogs, chip n' salsa, festive drinks (thanks Chrissy M!), fireworks and family fun it's time to get down to business this week. The posts might be a little scarce for the next week or two. We get to let our contractors into the new house Wednesday after the current owners move out tomorrow so I've been busy picking out new paint colors, carpet and even a little landscaping will be done before we get the keys next week. Hopefully it will help make the transition into it easier.

I'm going to take my time and be very thoughtful with the big reno's though. I want to do it right and not rush into anything. I feel like we need to live in the house for a year or two and really get to know it to find out what our needs are before we carry out anything that comes with significant expense attached. We want this to be the house our kids will grow up in, another move is not planned for a very long time. To be specific I said I would "die in this house," so that's why I don't want to throw away money on quick fixes. I'm enjoying swimming in all the eye candy that comes with research in the meantime.

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

*inspiration via here

1 comment:

  1. That first bathroom photo ROCKS! Love those juxtaposed mirrors.

    ReplyDelete