Wednesday, September 29, 2010

apple crate book cubby













On our recent trip to Michigan I picked up this apple crate at my favorite antique shop located in Saugatuck. I didn't know exactly what I would do with it but who can't use an extra apple crate around the house, right? Then later on that same trip inspiration hit while shopping in my hometown of South Haven I  found this cute and colorful velvet rooster and a giant sunflower. They would look so cute standing on that apple crate, and taking it a step further why not hang the crate and use it to store books in the playroom. I finally got around to having it hung this week (at a kid friendly level of course) and I think it's so cute and functional. It's amazing what a $5 dollar old apple crate can do.





3 comments:

  1. Very cute. You know, Pottery Barn is selling these right now for a pretty penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My dad made apple crate shelves/bedside tables for our family when we were all younger. Ours is painted white, and still sits down in my parents' basement. I never realized how vintagey and trendy it was until right now....I wonder if I can get my hands on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea to do with a crate. I like that it keeps things off the floor and creates a little cubby at kid level. I especially like that it is for books (since I love Dr. Seuss and notice you have a few on the shelf) come take a look at my children's book blog. Victoria, www.obSEUSSed.com

    ReplyDelete