Wednesday, February 16, 2011

saving the perfect sweater


I bought this pale pink cotton boyfriend sweater a couple of years ago at j. crew. I love it for it's versatility, it can be paired with a pretty dress (like today) or with my favorites jeans and tank. Not to mention it's a great transitional piece for fall to winter and winter to spring. I was so horrified when I pulled it from the wash a while back and found two small holes on the lower left hand front side. I shoved it in the closet with a giant sigh and didn't think about it for a while. Until Monday when inspiration struck and I decided it was worth mending. I cut out a simple flower shape using card stock and traced around it on some fabric remnants. I then strategically sewed on my pattern over the holes. I'm so glad to have my old friend back in rotation. 












linking up to









9 comments:

  1. That is adorable! You are so clever Sarah.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I have a few shirts that have holes in them but I can't bear to throw them away so I usually just wear them when I plan on staying at the house all day. But this just gave me some inspiration to fix them. Thank you. I'm your newest follower from Transformation Thursdays. Come check out my blog when you get some time. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! And what a brilliant idea! I have an anthro shirt I've been thinking about doing something similar to. I just can't decide what. You can bet I will be consulting with you very soon. P.S. Wanna come walk/run with me today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute. I love saving a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. What a smart idea. I am your latest follower. I found you over at the Transformation Thursday party. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I HATE it when my favorite sweaters get ruined...this is such a great idea!!

    I would love it if you would link to my party, "20 Below Thursday"...which spotlights thrifty ideas under $20!

    http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/2011/02/20-below-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH. I LOVE IT. I love the color. I love the little flower.

    I can't wait to look around the rest of your blog!!!

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete