Wednesday, March 2, 2011

out with the dusty in with the rusty!

Last week on my antiquing adventure we came across a beautiful buffet. I had it in the back of my mind for a few days randomly. On Friday night we went looking for a coffee table for our family room but everything kept coming back to the horrible black laminate thing our tv was sitting on. It's been a sore spot for me since the day it came home. It collects dust like its nobodies business, the tv sits so low the baby plays with the buttons, she also pinches her fingers in the drawers and pulls all the dvd's out. Nick finally said maybe we just need to replace it. Ding ding ding! Enter the sweet distressed antique cream buffet. It looks sooooooooo much better. We still need to wrap up the cords hanging down but I love it so much. The TV sits up way out of Lucy's reach now and she can't even get the doors or drawers open (for now). Not to mention all that storage and it just has so much more dang character! Sunday I went around and blasted the house with some spring/ Easter paraphernalia. I love the pops of color! Our bulbs are emerging in the yard too. It won't be long now...




















1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I'm so happy you brought it home and the fact that it is Lucy proof is just pure bonus!

    ReplyDelete