Monday, October 10, 2011

october ramblings


What a great weekend we had here! The weather was beautiful and made the perfect backdrop for dinner outside Sunday night at my girl Jen's house. The daughters had a blast playing together in the hose, flinging water everywhere and climbing up in the tree house. We had been meaning to get our two families together forever and I'm so glad we finally had time. Thanks for having us Jen, Jim and Emma!



On Saturday I made this recipe for Ina Garten's carrot cake ala Emily at Jones Design Company. It turned out really yummy but if you're thinking about making it my only tip would be to add about a 1/3 more confectioner's sugar to the frosting when you're mixing it up to make it thicker.




And there was lot's of slide time of course 



Now it's time to gear up for another fun week. My big 3-0 birthday is Wednesday and we have lot's more fun family time planned. This time of the year is the best! 

Hope you all have a fabulous week. {and try that cake it's seriously so good!}



Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I had no clue you took that picture! We enjoyed our evening too. And that cake? Well let's just say I thought of it many times yesterday.

    ReplyDelete