Wednesday, April 18, 2012

what's for dinner

I'm always curious what other families eat for dinner. Mostly so I can get new ideas to add into our regular rotation. In the spirit of voyeuristic dining I'm sharing our menu for this week.

Monday- I have no shame in admitting that Nick and I both ate cereal and Lucy had a pb&j. We usually head to the grocery store on Monday evenings and it was slim pickings in the house. When we got home we snacked on the fresh grapes I was rinsing and new brick of Gouda.

Tuesday- Buffalo Chicken Soup. It's a straight-up house favorite around here. I {blogged} about it a while back and posted the easy-peasy recipe.



Wednesday- Pizza night. I've been using {this} dough recipe for a couple of years. There is a random organic sauce in a can I buy and the cheese we use varies depending on what toppings we're having. This week its good ol' shredded mozzarella and pepperoni. When I use pepperoni I like to go to the deli counter and have them cut 5-6 thin slices of the large diameter fresh stuff for me. Not only is it fresh but it only cost about 40 cents to do it this way.


Thursday- Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas. Recipe found {here}



Friday- "Daddy's Choice" We like to keep our Friday evenings flexible. For the longest time we were going to Panera as our end of the week treat. I love their creamy tomato soup! Sometimes we have leftovers or we'll actually go out and get something and we let Nick choose where we go {mostly because I'm totally drained for food ideas by this point in the week}.

So there you have it. Thats what our food week looks like right now. What's your favorite go to dish you're loving right now???

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I've been working on a very similar post for awhile! I love what Pinterest has done for my kitchen boredom.

    ReplyDelete