Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Hero Pillowcase Cape


I had had making Lucy a superhero cape on my to-do list for quite sometime. We woke up to the skies spitting snow Saturday and it felt like the perfect morning for making. I photographed the process so I could share with you step by step my process. It was so quick and easy and best of all I had everything I needed on hand already. 

Supplies
  • pillowcase
  • scissors
  • sewing machine
  • extra fabric remnants and trim for embellishing
  • Velcro (optional)


Start by turning your pillowcase inside out and then cutting off about 2-3'' off the top of the "closed" end. 


Next fold the pillowcase in half length wise and cut out your neck line. 


Open it up then pin and sew together. Then turn right side out. 


No super hero cape is complete without a  sweet emblem for the back. 


And of course pompom trim...


Finish the cape off with some Velcro for closure or leave as is to tie. 


Needless to say this cape was a hit and led to endless fun all weekend long. 






Have a beautiful week



Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment