Wednesday, January 29, 2014

learning something new












One of my New Years resolutions was to learn to bake a boule. I'm happy to report that I promptly got started on that one. After trying a couple different recipes I decided I personally like {this} one best. The only difference is I use an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment but the rest of the ingredients and methods are the same. There's something really relaxing about the whole process for me. I wake up early to mix up the dough, it rises on the counter all day. This afternoon after I formed it into a ball and I was waiting the last half hour before putting it in the oven I just sat in the quiet house and had some tea- the kids were still napping. Then of course the most rewarding moment is when it's finished baking and you lift the lid off to reveal something truly beautiful!  

I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to do and I've been baking them once or twice a week. They go great with soup and you haven't lived until you've sliced into one of these babies fresh out of the oven, the amazing aroma wafting through the air. We prefer ours with a big ol' smattering of butter and sometimes some strawberry preserves too.  

1 comment:

  1. I may just have to mix one up for tomorrow. It will make a lovely lunch with our leftover soup from tonight.

    ReplyDelete