Friday, February 28, 2014

so long february







The sun seemed especially bright this morning as it poured through the windows almost like February was waving us a sweet goodbye. This winter has been long no doubt about it and the coming days don't seem to be at all forgiving. I'm still on the fence though about minding or not. Just when I feel I'm at my wits end with cabin fever something happens and I'm drawn right back in to the coziness. 

Lucy and I have done so much baking and cooking. She loves to help and ask questions. She's also been glued to my side while I work on other projects like sewing and knitting. I gave her her first quasi lesson on the sewing machine. Mostly just showing her what all of the buttons do and explaining how the bobbin and the needle work together to make a stitch. We've also been doing a ton of reading during the day too. Both kids have their favorites that they like me to read over and over. While I was out this week I picked up a pretty copy of The Secret Garden. Lucy has walked around all day with her antique skeleton key around her neck searching for her own garden. 

So while you may have been bitterly cold and snowy February, I thank you for all the slowing down you made us do. See you again next time.











No comments:

Post a Comment